This month, Catalyst CEO Jeff Lancaster authored a guest column on the Think with Google blog.
Jeff’s article outlines the key points of our 2016 Mobile Study, what it means for Canadian marketers and why “mobile is a must-have”. Here are some additional highlights:
- We’re three years into our study and mobile ownership in Canada isn’t slowing down. Up from 55% in 2014, now 76% of Canadians own a smartphone.
- Despite these huge increases in Canadian mobile ownership and usage, there’s still a gap to be closed in how we spend our marketing dollars and where we place our marketing efforts in this new mobile playground. Put simply, mobile is no longer an option—it’s a must-have.
- People settle down to a core group of apps they use regularly and then they go to the web on their smartphone for everything else. So brands need to ask themselves, “Is an app right for us?
The full article is here.
Latest posts by Rebecca Nava (see all)
- Catalyst Director of Social Weighs in on Snapchat’s Idiosyncracies and Advertising Potential - Monday Sep 19, 2016
- Weekly Roll-Up: Week of Sept 10-16 - Friday Sep 16, 2016
- Jeff Lancaster Explains Key Mobile Study Findings - Thursday Sep 15, 2016